Eight Airmen Promoted at EADS
By Tim Jones, Eastern Air Defense Sector
/ Published June 12, 2018
June 12, 2018 --
Maj. Gen. Anthony P. German, the Adjutant General for the State of New York, announces the recent promotion of eight members of the New York Air National Guard’s 224th Air Defense Group (ADG) in recognition of their capability for additional responsibility and leadership.
The 224th ADG, composed of the 224th Air Defense Squadron and 224th Support Squadron, provides the forces to conduct the Eastern Air Defense Sector’s mission. Part of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the Sector is responsible for the air defense of the eastern U.S.
Promoted Airmen are:
- Eric Schenck to the rank of Captain. Schenck is an air battle manager at the 224th Air Defense Squadron.
- Jeremiah Martinez to the rank of Senior Master Sergeant. Martinez is a flight superintendent in the 224th Air Defense Squadron.
- Kim Jones to the rank of Master Sergeant. Jones is an air surveillance technician at the 224th Air Defense Squadron.
- Thomas Silva to the rank of Technical Sergeant. Silva is a noncommissioned officer-in-charge of training and exercises with the 224th Air Defense Squadron.
- Gary Gillespie to the rank of Senior Airman. Gillespie in an intelligence analyst in the 224th Air Defense Squadron.
- Mariana Pagan to the rank of Senior Airman. Pagan is a tracking technician in the 224th Air Defense Squadron.
- Matthew Musumeci to the rank of Staff Sergeant. Musumeci is a cyber systems technician with the 224th Support Squadron.
- Tyler Kulesa to the rank of Senior Airman. Kulesa is a cyber transport technician in the 224th Support Squadron.
Air National Guard promotions are based on overall performance, attitude, leadership ability and development potential.
These promotions additionally recognize the best qualified Airmen and attract and retain the highest caliber Citizen Soldiers for a career in the New York Air National Guard.
For more information about the New York Air National Guard, visit www.dmna.ny.gov. For more information on the Eastern Air Defense Sector and the 224th Air Defense Group, visit www.eads.ang.af.mil.