Five Airmen Promoted at 224th ADG
By by Tim Jones, Eastern Air Defense Sector
/ Published October 10, 2019
Major General Raymond F. Shields, the Adjutant General for the State of New York, announces the recent promotion of five personnel at the New York Air National Guard’s 224th Air Defense Group (ADG) in recognition of their capability for additional responsibility and leadership.
Promoted Airmen are:
• Steven Carlisle to Master Sergeant. A member of the 224th Support Squadron, Carlisle serves as an assistant noncommissioned officer-in-charge of mission systems.
• Kim Dagata to Master Sergeant. Dagata is a personnel chief in the 224th ADG Commander’s Support Squadron.
• David Bowers to Technical Sergeant. Bowers is a mechanic in the 224th Support Squadron’s civil engineering department.
• Timothy Destito to Senior Airman. Destito is a tracking technician with the 224th Air Defense Squadron (ADS)
• Mathew Cole to Airman. Cole is a Security Forces apprentice with the 224th Support Squadron.
The 224th ADG is composed of the 224th Air Defense Squadron and 224th Support Squadron, located in Rome, and Detachment 1 and Detachment 2 that serve in the Washington, D.C. area. The 224th ADG provides the forces to conduct the Eastern Air Defense Sector’s (EADS) mission. Part of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the Sector is responsible for the air defense of the eastern U.S.
Air National Guard promotions are based on overall performance, attitude, leadership ability and development potential. These promotions additionally recognize the best qualified Airmen and attract and retain the highest caliber Citizen Soldiers for a career in the New York Air National Guard.
For more information about the New York Air National Guard, visit www.dmna.ny.gov. For more information on the Eastern Air Defense Sector and the 224th Air Defense Group, visit www.eads.ang.af.mil.