224th ADG Promotes Six Airmen
By Tim Jones, Eastern Air Defense Sector
/ Published November 27, 2019
Major General Raymond F. Shields, the Adjutant General for the State of New York, announces the recent promotion of six personnel at the New York Air National Guard’s 224th Air Defense Group (ADG) in recognition of their capability for additional responsibility and leadership.
Promoted Airmen are:
- Justin Bush to Captain. A member of the 224th Air Defense Squadron (ADS), Bush serves as the assistant chief of current operations.
- Philip Gentile to 1st Lieutenant. Gentile is an air battle manager at the 224th ADS.
- Quinn Tilley to 1st Lieutenant, Tilley is an air battle manager with the 224th ADS.
- Jesse Bucenec to Master Sergeant. Bucenec is the noncommissioned officer-in-charge of the Joint Information Control Cell at the 224th ADS.
- Ryan Moore to Staff Sergeant. Moore is a Security Forces journeyman with the 224th Support Squadron.
- Maynard Brown to Senior Airman. Brown is a radio transmission systems specialist at the 224th Support Squadron.
The 224th ADG is composed of the 224th Air Defense Squadron and 224th Support Squadron, located in Rome, and Detachment 1 and Detachment 2 that serve in the Washington, D.C. area. The 224th ADG provides the forces to conduct the Eastern Air Defense Sector’s (EADS) mission. Part of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the Sector is responsible for the air defense of the eastern U.S.
Air National Guard promotions are based on overall performance, attitude, leadership ability and development potential. These promotions additionally recognize the best qualified Airmen and attract and retain the highest caliber Citizen Soldiers for a career in the New York Air National Guard.
For more information about the New York Air National Guard, visit www.dmna.ny.gov. For more information on the Eastern Air Defense Sector and the 224th Air Defense Group, visit www.eads.ang.af.mil.