224th ADG Promotes Six Airmen
By Tim Jones, Eastern Air Defense Sector
/ Published January 17, 2020
Major General Raymond F. Shields, the Adjutant General for the State of New York, announces the recent promotion of six personnel at the New York Air National Guard’s 224th Air Defense Group (ADG) in recognition of their capability for additional responsibility and leadership.
Promoted Airmen are:
- Eric Lewis to Master Sergeant. Lewis is an interface control technician with the 224th Air Defense Squadron.
- Vincent St. Onge to Master Sergeant. St. Onge is an interface control technician with the 224th Air Defense Squadron.
- Gary Gillespie to Staff Sergeant. A member of the 224th Air Defense Squadron (ADS), Gillespie is an intelligence analyst.
- Edward Pugh to Staff Sergeant. Pugh is a tracking technician at the 224th ADS.
- Levi Whitney to Staff Sergeant. Whitney is a mission systems technician with the 224th Support Squadron.
- Raven Buchwald to Airman. Buchwald is a mission systems technician at the 224th Support Squadron.
The 224th ADG is composed of the 224th Air Defense Squadron and 224th Support Squadron, located in Rome, and Detachment 1 and Detachment 2 that serve in the Washington, D.C. area. The 224th ADG provides the forces to conduct the Eastern Air Defense Sector’s (EADS) mission. Part of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the Sector is responsible for the air defense of the eastern U.S.
Air National Guard promotions are based on overall performance, attitude, leadership ability and development potential. These promotions additionally recognize the best qualified Airmen and attract and retain the highest caliber Citizen Soldiers for a career in the New York Air National Guard.
For more information about the New York Air National Guard, visit www.dmna.ny.gov. For more information on the Eastern Air Defense Sector and the 224th Air Defense Group, visit www.eads.ang.af.mil.