Eight Airmen Promoted at 224th ADG
By Tim Jones, Eastern Air Defense Sector
/ Published July 27, 2020
The New York Air National Guard’s 224th Air Defense Group (ADG) recently promoted eight Airmen in recognition of their capability for additional responsibility and leadership.
Promoted Airmen are:
- Adam Scott to Technical Sergeant. Scott is a Security Forces craftsman at the 224th Support Squadron.
- Ian Stone to Technical Sergeant. Stone is a Security Forces craftsman at the 224th Support Squadron.
- Jason Wallace to Technical Sergeant. Wallace is an identification technician at the 224th ADS.
- Brandon Kerr to Staff Sergeant. Kerr is a command and control battle management operator at the 224th ADS.
- Jason Calandra to Senior Airman. Calandra is a radio transmission systems technician with the 224th Support Squadron.
- Anita Hernandez to Senior Airman. Hernandez is a command and control battle management operator at the 224th ADS.
- Mathew Cole to Airman 1st Class. Cole is a Security Forces apprentice with the 224th Support Squadron.
- Jenna Ford, to Airman 1st Class. Ford is an aerospace medical technician with the 224th Support Squadron.
The 224th ADG is composed of the 224th Air Defense Squadron and 224th Support Squadron, located in Rome, and Detachment 1 and Detachment 2 that serve in the Washington, D.C. area. The 224th ADG provides the forces to conduct the Eastern Air Defense Sector’s (EADS) mission. Part of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the Sector is responsible for the air defense of the eastern U.S.
Air National Guard promotions are based on overall performance, attitude, leadership ability and development potential. These promotions additionally recognize the best qualified Airmen and attract and retain the highest caliber Citizen Soldiers for a career in the New York Air National Guard.
For more information about the New York Air National Guard, visit www.dmna.ny.gov. For more information on the Eastern Air Defense Sector and the 224th Air Defense Group, visit www.eads.ang.af.mil.