224th ADG Promotes Five Senior NCOs
By Tim Jones, Eastern Air Defense Sector
/ Published July 27, 2020
The New York Air National Guard’s 224th Air Defense Group (ADG) recently promoted five senior noncommissioned officers (NCOs) in recognition of their capability for additional responsibility and leadership.
Promoted senior NCOs are:
- Bernard Jowers to Senior Master Sergeant. Jowers is the Security Forces operations superintendent at the 224th Support Squadron.
- Carrie Pelland to Senior Master Sergeant. Pelland is a flight superintendent at the 224th ADS.
- Robert Aikins to Master Sergeant. Aikins is a Security Forces flight chief at the 224th Support Squadron.
- Marcus Padgett to Master Sergeant. Padgett is a command and control battle management operator at the 224th Air Defense Group’s Detachment 1 in Washington, D.C.
- Rodney Randall to Master Sergeant. Randall is a mission crew command technician at the 224th ADS.
The 224th ADG is composed of the 224th Air Defense Squadron and 224th Support Squadron, located in Rome, and Detachment 1 and Detachment 2 that serve in the Washington, D.C. area. The 224th ADG provides the forces to conduct the Eastern Air Defense Sector’s (EADS) mission. Part of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the Sector is responsible for the air defense of the eastern U.S.
Air National Guard promotions are based on overall performance, attitude, leadership ability and development potential. These promotions additionally recognize the best qualified Airmen and attract and retain the highest caliber Citizen Soldiers for a career in the New York Air National Guard.
For more information about the New York Air National Guard, visit www.dmna.ny.gov. For more information on the Eastern Air Defense Sector and the 224th Air Defense Group, visit www.eads.ang.af.mil.