Five officers promoted at EADS
By Tim Jones, Eastern Air Defense Sector
/ Published November 05, 2020
Rome, NY --
Major General Raymond F. Shields, the Adjutant General for the State of New York, announces the recent promotion of five officers at the New York Air National Guard’s 224th Air Defense Group (ADG) in recognition of their capability for additional responsibility and leadership.
Promoted officers, identified by their new rank, are:
- Lt. Col. Kyung Auh. Auh serves as the Judge Advocate General (JAG) at the 224th Air Defense Group (ADG).
- Lt. Col. Lori Bort. Bort is an air battle manager with the 224th Air Defense Squadron (ADS).
- Lt. Col. Craig Dour. Dour is the Director of Inspections at the 224th ADG.
- Maj. Greg Elliott. Elliott currently serves as the 224th ADG’s innovation chief.
- Maj. Scott Francis. Francis is an air battle manager at the 224th ADS.
The 224th ADG is composed of the 224th Air Defense Squadron and 224th Support Squadron, located in Rome, and Detachment 1 and Detachment 2 that serve in the Washington, D.C. area. The 224th ADG provides the forces to conduct the Eastern Air Defense Sector’s (EADS) mission. Part of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the Sector is responsible for the air defense of the eastern U.S.
Air National Guard promotions are based on overall performance, attitude, leadership ability and development potential. These promotions additionally recognize the best qualified Airmen and attract and retain the highest caliber Citizen Soldiers for a career in the New York Air National Guard.
For more information about the New York Air National Guard, visit www.dmna.ny.gov. For more information on the Eastern Air Defense Sector and the 224th Air Defense Group, visit www.eads.ang.af.mil.