224th ADG promotes five Airmen
By Tim Jones
/ Published June 08, 2021
Major General Raymond F. Shields, the Adjutant General for the State of New York, announces the recent promotion of five Airmen at the New York Air National Guard’s 224th Air Defense Group (ADG) in recognition of their capability for additional responsibility and leadership.
Promoted Airmen, identified by their new ranks, are:
- Tech. Sgt. Bryce Kendall. Kendall is a tracking technician at the 224th Air Defense Squadron (ADS).
- Staff Sgt. David VanMarter. VanMarter is a tracking technician at the 224th ADS.
- Senior Airman Alexandra Tracy. Tracy is a tracking technician at the 224th ADS.
- Senior Airman Jenna Ford. Ford is an aerospace medical technician with the 224th Support Squadron (SPTS).
- Senior Airman Gennaro Anibarro. Anibarro is a tracking technician at the 224th ADS.
The 224th ADG is composed of the 224th Air Defense Squadron and 224th Support Squadron, located in Rome, and Detachment 1 and Detachment 2 that serve in the Washington, D.C. area. The 224th ADG provides the forces to conduct the Eastern Air Defense Sector’s (EADS) mission. Part of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the Sector is responsible for the air defense of the eastern U.S.
Air National Guard promotions are based on overall performance, attitude, leadership ability and development potential. These promotions additionally recognize the best qualified Airmen and attract and retain the highest caliber Citizen Soldiers for a career in the New York Air National Guard.
For more information about the New York Air National Guard, visit www.dmna.ny.gov. For more information on the Eastern Air Defense Sector and the 224th Air Defense Group, visit www.eads.ang.af.mil. ###