Seven reenlist in New York Air National Guard
By Tim Jones, Eastern Air Defense Sector
/ Published August 25, 2021
The New York Air National Guard’s 224th Air Defense Group (ADG) recently reenlisted seven Airmen.
Reenlisted Airmen include:
- Master Sgt. Kim Dagata. Dagata is the Noncommissioned Officer-in-Charge (NCOIC) of the Commander’s Support Staff at the 224th ADG.
- Master Sgt. Larry Thornton. Thornton is a flight chief with the 224th Air Defense Squadron (ADS).
- Tech. Sgt. Howard Daniels. Daniels is an air surveillance technician with the 224th ADS.
- Tech. Sgt. Ryan Findore. Findore is an emergency management NCO at the 224th Support Squadron (SPTS).
- Tech. Sgt. David Gambier. Gambier is an air surveillance technician at the 224th ADS.
- Staff Sgt. Bienvenido Knowles. Knowles is a Security Forces craftsman with the 224th SPTS.
- Staff Sgt. Chris Dorion. Dorion is a communications technician at the 224th SPTS.
The 224th ADG is composed of the 224th ADS and 224th SPTS, located in Rome, and Detachment 1 and Detachment 2 that serve in the Washington, D.C. area. The 224th ADG provides the forces to conduct the Eastern Air Defense Sector’s (EADS) mission. Part of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the Sector is responsible for the air defense of the eastern U.S.
For more information about the New York Air National Guard, visit www.dmna.ny.gov. For more information on the Eastern Air Defense Sector and the 224th Air Defense Group, visit www.eads.ang.af.mil.