Five EADS Airmen reenlist in NY Air National Guard
By Tim Jones, Eastern Air Defense Sector
/ Published October 22, 2021
The New York Air National Guard’s 224th Air Defense Group (ADG) recently reenlisted five Airmen.
Reenlisted Airmen include:
- Senior Master Sgt. Donald Genei. Genei is the Cyberspace Mission Systems Superintendent at the 224th Support Squadron (SPTS).
- Senior Master Sgt. Mark McAfee. McAfee is the Security Forces Superintendent at the 224th SPTS.
- Senior Master Sgt. Michael Roberts. Roberts is the Operations Superintendent with the 224th Air Defense Squadron (ADS).
- Master Sgt. Noah Yousey. Yousey is the 224th ADG’s Self-Assessment Program Manager.
- Staff Sgt. Levi Whitney. Whitney is a mission systems technician with the 224th SPTS.
The 224th ADG is composed of the 224th Air Defense Squadron (ADS) and 224th Support Squadron (SPTS), located in Rome, and Detachment 1 and Detachment 2 that serve in the Washington, D.C. area. The 224th ADG provides the forces to conduct the Eastern Air Defense Sector’s (EADS) mission. Part of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the Sector is responsible for the air defense of the eastern U.S.
For more information about the New York Air National Guard, visit www.dmna.ny.gov. For more information on the Eastern Air Defense Sector and the 224th ADG, visit www.eads.ang.af.mil.