Major General Raymond F. Shields, the Adjutant General for the State of New York, announces the recent promotion of five Airmen at the New York Air National Guard’s 224th Air Defense Group (ADG) in recognition of their capability for additional responsibility and leadership.
Promoted Airmen, identified by their new ranks, included:
- Tech. Sgt. Kyle Hesse. Hesse is an identification technician with the 224th Air Defense Squadron.
- Tech. Sgt. Joseph Manning. Manning is a mission crew commander technician with the 224th Air Defense Squadron.
- Staff Sgt. Jason Calandra. Calandra is a radio technician at the 224th Support Squadron.
- Staff Sgt. Logan Stuckey. Stuckey is the 224th Support Squadron’s knowledge operations manager.
- Senior Airman Brandon Keller. Keller is a computer network specialist at the 224th Support Squadron.
The 224th Air Defense Group is composed of the 224th Air Defense Squadron and the 224th Support Squadron, located in Rome, and Detachment 1 and Detachment 2 that serve in the Washington, D.C. area. The 224th ADG provides the forces to conduct the Eastern Air Defense Sector’s (EADS) mission. Part of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the Sector is responsible for the air defense of the eastern U.S.
Air National Guard promotions are based on overall performance, attitude, leadership ability and development potential. These promotions additionally recognize the best qualified Airmen and attract and retain the highest caliber Citizen Soldiers for a career in the New York Air National Guard.
For more information about the New York Air National Guard, visit www.dmna.ny.gov. For more information on the Eastern Air Defense Sector and the 224th ADG, visit www.eads.ang.af.mil.